Welcome, lurkers. As you may know, I'm a writer of speculative fiction and poetry. While I publish short stories under the name A.D. Spencer, feel free to call me Ariyana. Here you'll be able to read about my upcoming projects, learn about new releases from my favorite small publishers, and maybe even read a few free stories of mine.

Enjoy yourself, and feel free to leave a comment if something sparks your interest.


Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Evolution Vol. 1

Boys and girls, before we get into the epic-deep-breath that is a New Years Resolution post, I thought I'd share a few updates with you. Not much to say concerning "new news," though I'm happy to say I've been shortlisted at a few great places, but there have been a couple book releases since last we blogged.

First up, a December e-book release sure to please ya:

Evolution Vol. 1
Edited by talented Lane Diamond
Published by Evolved Publishing (check out their facebook page)
Current E-book Price: 4.99

Official Description:
A collection of 10 short stories resulting from Evolved Publishing's first-ever Short Story Contest. Stories cross over many genres, and range from 2,000-5,000 words each.

The GRAND PRIZE WINNER was "If I Should Die," by Amanda Papenfus. 6 other stories were chosen from the almost 200 submitted.

Additionally, stories are included from 3 of Evolved Publishing's regular stable of authors: Lane Diamond, D.T. Conklin and Ruby Standing Deer.

EVOLUTION: VOL. 1 is the first in an ongoing series of semi-annual anthologies planned by Evolved Publishing.
And, boy, are they not kidding when they say Evolution Vol. 1 ranges many genres. For example, the collection kicks off with its prize-winning tale by Amanda Papenfus, a deeply moving story I'd classify as literary fiction, and then the jumps into speculative fiction soon after.

My story, "Sirius Issues," for example, is comedic science fiction. I'd say 'deep space', but, truthfully, the human characters are still in the right galaxy, just stuck in their overpriced alien condos. What's "Sirius Issues" about? Well, taxes, rebellions, drunken sex, alien landlords...the usual stuff.

You can download a copy at Smashwords or Amazon.

***

Also, amongst my newer releases is Pill Hill Press' Daily Frights 2012 (Leap Year Edition).


Official Description:

DAILY FRIGHTS 2012: 366 DAYS OF DARK FLASH FICTION (LEAP YEAR EDITION) is a 2012 flash fiction calendar anthology, with a 500 word or less short story featured for every day of the calendar year. Filled with 366 short stories, this is a fun and practical anthology designed for busy readers.
Can you honestly think of a better way to ring in the New Year? Come on! This is 366 tales, one snippet for every day--just enough to read over a cup of coffee in the morning or before you turn out the lights at night. And, at this moment, Amazon has it available for a swell 21.89 (normally, it runs 24.99). I'm not sure when the e-edition will be available, but I'll let you know as soon as it's released.

I only have one tiny contribution in this collection (though the antho is littered with so many great authors!), and it's called "Class Project." Kids, horror, Egyptian mythology: my name might as well be stamped all over that one... Oh, wait, it is. :D

2 comments:

Lane Diamond said...

We like ecclectic. :)

PatriciaLouise said...

Both books I can't wait to read!