Welcome, lurkers. As you may know, I'm a writer of speculative fiction and poetry. While I publish short stories under the name A.D. Spencer, feel free to call me Ariyana. Here you'll be able to read about my upcoming projects, learn about new releases from my favorite small publishers, and maybe even read a few free stories of mine.

Enjoy yourself, and feel free to leave a comment if something sparks your interest.


Monday, April 11, 2011

Ahh, Writing, My Old Friend

So, yes, I'm behind.

On what? Why, just about everything. And what am I currently doing? Trying to get the CW website to play last week's episode of Vampire Diaries (don't judge me). Anyhow, my point is, I actually have plans for "after" this horrid site finishes with me.

After chatting with Trish, I've decided that one of my YA stories, the one to be written in 1st person, might not require the full on outlining that I usually do for my stories. Though it's speculative fiction, it's raw and character driven. So in order to get more into the story itself, I'm going to focus on writing scenes with my FMC. Hopefully, once I get to know her, I'll get to know the world she lives in.

No comments: