Welcome, lurkers. As you may know, I'm a writer of speculative fiction and poetry. While I publish short stories under the name A.D. Spencer, feel free to call me Ariyana. Here you'll be able to read about my upcoming projects, learn about new releases from my favorite small publishers, and maybe even read a few free stories of mine.

Enjoy yourself, and feel free to leave a comment if something sparks your interest.


Monday, December 8, 2008

Let Me Lie to Myself, Please!


So, I'm no longer feeling productive, just brain dead. Seriously, I spent about thirty minutes staring at the screen of my inbox, nodding my head to the rhythm spewing out of my head phones. I would love to say that my creative burst from Saturday carried on through Sunday, but it didn't. My Chaucer paper ended up a little late, but it was the best I could do. Or maybe it wasn't. Just let me lie to myself, please. Okay?

Good. We're going to get along splendidly.

I'm feeling a bit lost in my writing right now. I don't know what direction to go in or what story to finish. I suppose that's why I'm going back to my fanfiction. It really inspires me to get my writing act together. Plus, folks threatening to kill you if you don't update gets you moving.

I'm exagerating. Hunt down and beat up, yes. But no death threats. Not yet.

This week is exam week. What do I have left? Only two exams. Just two. Granted, one of them is for a class I'm very close to failing, so it's a big deal. Anyhow, at this very moment, I have enough free time to begin thinking about my Christmas holiday to-do list. It involves a lot of read and writing and cleaning. And then there's the shopping aspect. I feel awful, but I honestly don't have that many gifts for my family this year.

My friends have awesome gifts. And don't tell me to get my priorities straight, because, to me, my friends are my family. They're that important.

Let's phase out of that fluffy moment...

Regardless of the awesome gifts for my friends, I sure my family members want their damn stockings filled. So, yeah, that's at the top of my to-do.

Merry Beginning of the Pre Christmas Blogging extravaganza.

Much Love,
*Slinky*

1 comment:

Savvy said...

so I just noticed that you totally stole my ending...you whench GRR LOL Jk!! And you have an awesome gift to just prolly not as awesome as mine. And if it makes you feel better, Leigh Anne is the only ohne I have bought for in my family so far and that is only because she wanted a waffle maker LOL!!