Welcome, lurkers. As you may know, I'm a writer of speculative fiction and poetry. While I publish short stories under the name A.D. Spencer, feel free to call me Ariyana. Here you'll be able to read about my upcoming projects, learn about new releases from my favorite small publishers, and maybe even read a few free stories of mine.

Enjoy yourself, and feel free to leave a comment if something sparks your interest.


Monday, October 27, 2008

NaNoWriMo: All the Cool Kids are Doin' It

Well, I'm breaking in my blog for its first post of the NaNo season.

It's that time again. The coffee bags are sitting anxiously in my top drawer, candies await on my roomie's side of the live-in closet we call home, my laptop wallpaper is presenting a word count a day calendar for the month of November, OneNote is hosting a new folder with pre-NaNo notes...Yes, indeed, National Novel Writing Month approaches.

My project this year is an idea I had four or five years ago for a young adult novel, The Last Crusader. I'm excited. I could vomit. Character sketches, plot outlines, and writing soundtracks are all in the works this week as I prepare for a month of novel writing. I'm especially excited about this year. Not only do I have a solid idea for a story, I'm going to have several friends participating. That means the pressure to finish is on: a great thing for a struggling novelist.

So here's wishing my fellow novelists good luck. I won't promise, but I'm pretty sure the procrastinator inside will make me its whore this upcoming Nov.--which means several blog updates for my handful of readers. Actually, I'm pretty sure that handful will also be procrastinating by writing blogs about their novel writing process....

Well, happy reading...and writing, everyone

No comments: