Welcome, lurkers. As you may know, I'm a writer of speculative fiction and poetry. While I publish short stories under the name A.D. Spencer, feel free to call me Ariyana. Here you'll be able to read about my upcoming projects, learn about new releases from my favorite small publishers, and maybe even read a few free stories of mine.

Enjoy yourself, and feel free to leave a comment if something sparks your interest.


Monday, September 15, 2008

Procrastination Booty Call

Writing under my level. I know I am. I've written better stuff. But when I try to write "good" my newest works just come off as boring. Exciting comes off as choppy. Romantic appears to be cheesy or nonexistent. I really need to get into it. Plan.

Damn. I need a new plan.

I feel like an uber villain with my failing plans. I should just spend my day as a plan writer. I could fax them to Lex Luthor with a "prepare to fail" postscript. I'd be like my own superhero, defeating villains by thinking of villainous plans. I have the touch of death for plans (and for lucky lotto tickets). This could seriously work. Anyone have the Joker's e-mail? Or for that matter Batman's? (I would so want him to pay me if I was doing his job--oops, there's my villainy peeking out again.)

The problem with plans is that they're almost like an army of Mary Sues (sorry, if I lost the non-fanficcy crowd with that reference). See plans are so damned perfect. Down to a T. And only I can ruin the plans. Or fate. Whatever. I screw up the plans with my laziness.

My procrastination.

Evil, evil dark sex-god procrastination! DAMN you, you villain. I cannot escape your sweet seduction. So here I am again, led astray into your bedroom we call blog. How could I resist you. Honestly it's too much for one woman. I might have to sleep with your brother, RPG, as well. Or at least give a booty call to your neighbor, Mr. Midnight Snack, or your drooling twin, TV.

Oh, procrastination. You're so afraid of commitment. I should really leave you for Plans and his nice I-keep-a-savings-account-and-a-running-car lifestyle. *Sigh.*

1 comment:

Savvy said...

wow hun!! I know how you feel but not on a writing level lol and I know you know what I mean!! Basically a dead end to a seemingly fast paced never ending battle with sanity. I have been meaning to blog several things lately of life, poetry, lack of love, but I have found myself to tired to care. Sad isn't life forces us to procrastinate, I am sure of it. It is not the will of those that are merely to lazy to put forth the effort, but those people who are literally strecthed to the very limit of there existence on a daily basis that put off life until another day. We procrastinate the very thing that should come first, important things, the things that would keep us from procrastination if they were handled. Yet there are those days when we procrastinate it all, we just don't do anything that need to be done, no accomplishments made, no deals settled, we may not move or shower even for days. Days like this make the human race alot more interesting, the fact that we can live day to day and do absolutely nothing is amazing. Perhaps there was evolution, but not from monkeys more like from sloths. Here's to productive days, lets hope you have a couple for the sake of all that is written!!