Welcome, lurkers. As you may know, I'm a writer of speculative fiction and poetry. While I publish short stories under the name A.D. Spencer, feel free to call me Ariyana. Here you'll be able to read about my upcoming projects, learn about new releases from my favorite small publishers, and maybe even read a few free stories of mine.

Enjoy yourself, and feel free to leave a comment if something sparks your interest.


Friday, September 23, 2011

It's Coming....

Yes, that's right, it's on its way.... NANOWRIMO 2011!

And I'm way more excited than I should be about NaNo season. Sure, I've got tons of deadlines I haven't yet met, a slew of unfinished stories in the works, a dog that needs a bath every once in a blue moon. But, come on, folks, we're talking epic NaNo word slayage! Alright, alright, so maybe I wrote over 50k in August. So, why is November somehow different? Because NaNo begs you to start anew and to join the masses as they bleed out from the forehead.

Yesterday, I chose the story I plan on writing in November. I have back-ups in case this one doesn't work out. I'd be crazy not to. But, I really hope this one develops. I'll probably take the last week in October to outline this sucka.

This will be my first time tackling the Middle Grade Reader audience, and that alone is scary, but this story has been haunting my dreams for months now. It's pleading for life.

Here 's the banner for--what I really, really hope to be one of my first completed tales in 2012--Troll for Hire.

1 comment:

PatriciaLouise said...

I'm so excited for this, and I bet your brother can't wait either! NaNo! Whoo!